Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Libraries.

Ok so I am in the Library again. Seeing as I don't have class on Tuesdays or Thursdays... where else would I go? My room is boring... and is not appropriate for studying. The courtyard is too loud and, like the cafeteria, temps me into eating WAY more than I should. No, the library is my perfect haven. 3rd floor is dedicated to silence and besides the clicking of my typing that is the only sound up here. I have a lovely view of our snow covered chapel (except it makes me feel guilty for not going yet this semester, oops) and the sun keeps me awake. ALSO I have positioned myself so that I am feet from the history section, how awesome is that (dewey decimal system rocks!) Main floor is where you can find your friends, take a study break and talk or giggle endlessly about our weekend adventures. I've only been in the basement once... to search among the old periodicals and as I remember it smelled like an old catholic church. The basement offers a great place to do group work or research without being distracted.
I LOVE LIBRARIES!
Is it no wonder that I want to spend my career in the library?
So next time you have a morning to waste, get a latte and venture to your (public library) and soak up some knowledge via literature.
Well folks I have to go work on some 'Age of Conquest" paper. Hernando Cortes is calling me!

No comments:

Post a Comment