Thursday, March 10, 2011

Donate Today!


I feel pretty darn good about myself right now. Ahem, ignore that earlier post where I bitched about philosophy. I donated blood this afternoon (plus I went to chapel yesterday!) karma is going to repay me big time! Donating blood can be a bit of a hassle because they ask you personal questions about your travels and sex life (I could save a lot of time by just saying I am still in possession of the big V) but trust me it is so worth it! We've all seen those dramatic ER shows on tv where they go through 5 pints of blood just to get someone into an OR. Blood is needed all the time! It only hurts a little bit, like someone poking you in the arm for 10 minutes. And if you are not a fan of needles... well you suck and should get over that irrational fear. People are in need of your blood!
My blood type is B+. So I am being positive! (get it?! ha.) Visit your local red cross today and see if you are eligible. YAY! (take the small victories in life!) DONATE.
Props to Clara Barton for starting the American Red Cross!

No comments:

Post a Comment