Sunday, March 13, 2011

Poor Time Management.



On Saturday I turned 21! Its a big deal here. I no longer have to worry about drinking violations! Whoot!
As I was contemplating my new age today in an extremely hungover state, I realized something. Inow have to act like an adult for the majority of my public life. Egad, that made me want to vomit. Either that or the mass amount of alcohol I legally consumed last night. But still it is an unpleasant thought, responsibility? maturity?
Anyway I comforted myself with the knowledge that I am a fairly well organized person. I never lose my keys or phone. I pay my bills on time (thanks to online transfers). My closet is color coordinated. I usually get my homework done on time, or at least do all the reading. UNITL NOW. Crisis stuck when I found out that I totally and completely forgot about my major research proposal that is due at the end of this week. There are multiple problems with this discovery. 1. I have to choose a topic. Not only that, but I have to choose a topic where I can find ample amounts of usable sources. 2. I have to find lots of sources, not just secondary sources, but primary sources. 3. I do not know how to find primary sources. (I understand them and can analyze the daylights out of them, but I cannot FIND them all my lonesome. 4. I have to actually look into the sources I want to use because with this research proposal due on Friday is also due an annotated bibliography. Oi. 5. My brain synapses are a little slow due to Saturday's festivities. 6. Tomorrow is E's birthday and Thursday is Saint Patrick's day, the universe is laughing at me.
Well there you have it. I am totally organized yet woefully incapable of proper time management. This post is also proof of that because instead of working on afore mentioned research proposal I am on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment