Sunday, March 20, 2011

"The Other Conquest"

Remember the days when the could only show you PG-13 movies in school? I'm beginning to miss those days. Tonight for one of my favorite classes we had to watch a movie on our own time about the Spanish conquest of Mexico. I thought it would be really interesting. Parts of it were... other parts I think will give me nightmares.
The following took place in this movie
-Human sacrifice... they showed everything.
-a yucky battle... not too bad, just a few too many limp/bloody bodies
-rape
-public lashing
-forced conversion
-decapitation
-incest (seriously they showed everything....)
-resulting pregnancy from afore mentioned incest
-suicide
-general craziness
-cave wanderings
-obsession with the Virgin Mary

WHAT? I mean, really, I gained very little from this film. And I am not really sure what we will be discussing in class...

1 comment: