Monday, March 7, 2011

weekend


I know you were all wondering, and yes I did have a fabulous weekend. My lovely friend and roommate E invited all us girls to the beautiful city of Duluth. The biggest freshwater lake in north america is looking fine!
We had too much fun (and no alcohol involved! who knew?)Friday night we went to s Scottish and Irish heritage festival. E danced the sword dance with her talented father and then did an irish jig with her sister and dance instructor. The talent never ends with this girl. Bagpipes are AWESOME, they make me glow with Scottish and Irish pride. -member of the McMillan clan right here!-
E's mom played the tenor drums in a bagpipe band too, and twirling drumsticks never looked so effortless. Seriously, that is some mad skill right there.
Of course we ended that evening with some mexican food and giggles. Saturday we devoted to homework done at the mall. A and C got their P-ball dresses. Mine just needs to arrive in the mail and we should be good to go!
Saturday night we hit up Pizza Luce and then saw the Black Swan. Man is that an effed up movie or what? K and I freaked out the entire time. Then we came to the conclusion that that's what happens when you don't eat. So really the moral of the story is to eat all the carbs you want!

In other serious news there were two attacks on campus, friday and sunday nights. Its really scary to think about because we always had thought that our campus was so safe (I mean come on, its in the middle of nowhere). I am not too worried though, a) because I am super tough and no one would want to mess with me, b) they have upped security A TON I see a security guard every 5 minutes now and c) I basically go between my dorm and the student center and thats it.... so I am rarely outside :(
Anyway, my thoughts go out to the victims and I hope the assailant is caught soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment