Sunday, April 3, 2011

The rumors are true...

OMG SPRING BREAK WAS AWESOME!
Like many of my peers I traveled to the great state of Florida to enjoy some sun. Unlike most of my peers my spring break involved no alcohol, sex, drugs, or explicit behavior. While everyone else was participating in beer chugging or wet T-shirt contests we were hitting up some of the most beautiful and elite golf courses in THE WOLRD. Boo-ya.
The golf team here on the hill is a bit spoiled. We get to stay with some alumni who live on Sawgrass country club and their gloriously generous friends. They cooked for us everyday, gave us a steady supply of pop, cookies and chips (to replenish all those calories burnt on the course) and we never went to bed without a compliment or hug. They also give us free reign of theirbilliards table (C and I won the 'mixed' championship), hot-tub and big screen TV.
We got to play Mission Inn, Palencia, Sawgrass Country Club, Golf Village, TPC Sawgrass (I parred 17-thankyouverymuch!). They were all in great shape and were way more fun to play now that my swing isn't a horrific vision of arms and club. Plus I love my teammates. WE have so much fun together and the jokes never end. This year there were a lot of freshman guys on the spring break team and for them spring break was a time to get nicknames. Plus the age old tradition of whoever shot over 90 shaving their head was enforced on a young freshman. Unfortunately he was the most good looking guy on the team and had some great hair. With guys hair is pretty simple, but this kid really did have beautiful hair- I was sad to see it go!
On the last day we got to spend some time on the beach- the waves weren't too good and theocean was full of jelly-fish. But we had a nice long game of touch football involving everyone. I scored twice!
That was spring break for the 3 crowns gal, try me if you think yours was better!

No comments:

Post a Comment