Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chocoholic.

K is a chocoholic. As am I.
recent text from me to K "I wish my water was chocolate flavored. but in a non gross way"
People always say chocolate is good for you. Yeah the shitty 70% cocoa that is took strong. What I LOVE is the smooth milk chocolate that melts in your mouth and gives you that happy feeling just when you want scream. Ah pms. Chocolate is the magic cure.
I am having a serious chocolate craving right now. But for lent I minimized my desserts to 3 times a week. Well last we had ice cream sundaes. This is tough. I am in the mid-homework crunch where a nice little chocolate bar could get me through the night. Alas I will just have to power through my water (non-chocolate flavored).
My stumbleupon account if full of dessert recipes... this could be a problem when I have to opportunity to cook/bake in my apartment next year!
here's a neat recipe

Triple Threat Brownies

For the brownie base:

  • 1 box brownie mix OR favorite recipe brownies (9×13 pan size)

Mix brownies according to package directions or your favorite recipe. Bake and allow to cool completely.

For the cream cheese frosting:

  • 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped peanuts

Beat together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until fully mixed. Spread on top of cooled brownies and sprinkle with nuts.

For the chocolate peanut butter rice krispies topping:

  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
  • 3 cups rice krispies cereal

In a large pan, combine chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat. Continue stirring until the chocolate and peanut butter are melted. Stir in cereal, making sure to coat all the cereal in the peanut butter chocolate mixture.

Spread the cereal mixture on top of the brownies and frosting and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Keep covered and store in the refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment