Friday, April 29, 2011

Circa 1990's

Remember the 90's? cool. I only kind of remember them. Here's what I remember.
-I was sick for 2 weeks in 1st grade.... and I missed a lot of school. Despite being behind on reading I have finally caught up. 15 years later.
-1st grade again, my friend and I discussed the qualities of coloring utensils. He preferred crayons "because you could never break the lead"
-Columbine shooting. I think I was in 2nd grade for this one. For some reason I didn't really gather what was going on but all the adults were really upset. We also started doing lockdowns, where we all hid in the cubby spaces.
-Princess Diana dies. That was 1997... So I was going into the 3rd grade. It was really sad because it was the death of a real life princess. I didn't really understand the whole drunk driving issue or why everyone wanted to take her picture. But I do remember the mass amounts of flowers that accumulated at the gates of the palaces. I think my grandfather died that year too. Because we drove all the way to North Dakota in our van.
-1998. Bill Clinton. Lies to America and in my tiny brain is labeled a "liar" not to mention he is a democrat. I also remember riding my bike a lot and becoming friends with Lindsay and Kate.
-1999. Y2K. Lots of hype. I had other things to worry about. Like... what to wear on picture day.

The reason I bring this up is because my new favorite song is "Dr. Jones" by Aqua. I never listened to them in the 90's (because what kid from Montana listens to a Danish Pop group?)
LOVE THEM NOW. Even though a lot of stuff happened in the 90s my world was pretty small.

No comments:

Post a Comment