Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Basic Social Skills.

I am about to share something with you. Something personal. Prepare yourself.
I AM AWKWARD. Sure a lot of people have been in awkward situations and gotten red in the face. Or said something silly that was followed by silence. Those types of things are normal. Plus they only really happen about once a month. For me those types of situations are exaggerated and happen on a daily (if not hourly) basis.
FOR INSTANCE: Ok so campus is pretty small. So you know who went to high school with your friends (everyone here is from MN) you know your teammates' roommates' random hookups and their boyfriends kind of friends. You just kind of know people here. Yesterday I was with K and E at the campus center giggling off our sugar high. We ran into one of E's high school 'friends' who was with his friends. E and this guy nodded at each other. But we continued walking behind them. One of the random guys (who I DO NOT KNOW) said 'yeah she was pretty cute' [obviously in reference to someone not in the proximity] and I said to E and K 'I know!' The guys just turned around and looked at me. AWKWARD. Of course we giggled about it endlessly but really, that guy now knows I am a totally socially awkward freak.

Then today some guys from golf team asked if I wanted to play... and it took me about a minute to respond. "uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Naaaaaaaaaaahhhh. I think I am going to pass..............................." My life is amazing.


UPDATE. So last night we went to the bar (yeah yeah I broke the 48 hour rule). Anyway the guys I said "i know" to were there. They pointed at me. And then talked and pointed. Praise the Lord on high that I am leaving for a week.... maybe everyone will forget who I am by then

No comments:

Post a Comment