Monday, February 21, 2011

Unpatriotic

Why do professors hate America? Its President's Day and there is a major blizzard ragging outside and yet they refuse to cancel classes. We did have an abbreviated schedule but really when you still have to tramp through a foot of snow to get to class I think they should cancel. I'm not a pansy when it comes to snow, and neither are most people from rural Minnesota are used to blizzards like this. But seeing as we shouldn't have class today anyway I don't see the harm in giving us a three day weekend. Hello? have some respect for the holidays! (ha)
The sad thing about this storm is that in a month most of the snow will be melted. Unfortunately due to flooding last spring and heavy rains this fall the ground is already saturated with water, so the snow melt has no place to go. Looks like those professors who refused to cancel classes will be canceling classes soon enough because their homes will be down the river in Iowa. Sucks.
Besides the impending doom and snow-blindness life here at Gac has remained the same. People are recovering from their case day exploits and wondering about P-ball.
We also have student senate co-presidential elections coming up next week. I serve on ethics committee as a student at large, so I am on the outside of the senate loop. Last night ethics committee spent and hour and a half talking about what to do about tech directors and chairs. We eventually came to the conclusion to "take no action on the matter." Yeah thats right, we spent on hour doing nothing. A fellow ethics member was also kind enough to point out that technically I do not have speaking privileges. No Speaking Privileges?!?!? Are you kidding me? Why the hell am I there if I don't get to speak unless addressed. That is bullshit my friends.
Enough ranting. Catch y'all on the flip side

No comments:

Post a Comment