Monday, November 7, 2011

Iron chef! kind of...

I have often boasted that I am a fairly good cook. This year, with my own kitchen, I have managed to not starve to death. Unfortunately I think that is because I have made a few trips to the various fast food establishments around town. And a meal from those places have enough calories to sustain me for days (not that I would ever let that happen).
Frozen pizzas are truly one of the best things invented. My love for sandwiches has been rekindled. I have grilled cheese at least three times a week. I cannot remember the last fresh vegetable I ate that was not a baby carrot.
Tonight my gourmet dinner was pepperoni, cheese and crackers. Of course I added a few carrots because I don't want to get scurvy. Like I said. I am an Iron Chef. (If you don't get this reference to the food network, then you obviously have a life, congrats).
A.) I do not have the time to cook fabulous meals.
B.) I do not have the fiscal means of buying quality ingredients.
C.) I am straight up lazy.
HENCE. I am really excited to go home! My fabulous parents and other relatives are soooo good at making fabulous meals with all the best things. Plus they make everything with love.


No comments:

Post a Comment