Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Well as always... this is as good as its gonna get"

After I have gotten ready in the morning I often think of Anne Hathaway in Princess diaries telling this to her mirror before school. Unfortunately a shower and some make-up is not going to make you look red carpet ready, ever. Some of us are just stuck looking the way we are. E once told me that everyone was beautiful. I had to disagree. There are some beautiful people out there and there are some not beautiful people out there. And before you jump down my throat and say that everyone is beautiful, or that I am being superficial, just hear me out. I am one of those not beautiful people and its not like I take offense to it. I know it. I've got a funny face, chubby cheeks, acne and acne scars and my smile is small and crooked. But Hey! thats ok. I know the reality and I am not going to go out in the world being depressed because my sister got all the good looks. That would be a huge waste of my time! I have more important things to do, thank you very much. And I certainly don't hate on people who did get lucky with their looks. That's cool, work with it, just don't get patronizing and say I look cute when really you are the show-stopper.
ANYWAY. I wanted to share some of my favorite things that do make me look a little better. I love the bare-minerals line of make-up. It goes on really light and smooth and blends well. Plus I hear that the minerals used are actually good for your face. That's a win! Unfortunately since I was about 12 I've had really bad acne and bare minerals does not offer much coverage. So I use a light liquid foundation and cover-up for my spots.
ProActiv has really helped my acne is recent years so now I mostly just have scars. But Proactiv gives me a good routine to get into and it really makes my face feel smooth. It takes a few months to work but its the best acne treatment I have experience so far, (and trust me, I've tried a lot!)
Ok so those are the two products I really love!

No comments:

Post a Comment